Monday, July 2, 2012

good things to those who wait...

For the past year or two I have been lusting over Jeffrey Campbell´s Litas. It was definately love at first sight for me and the black distressed Litas, and then later when I saw them in taupe and in the beautiful grey distressed leather.
So my quest to finally own them is quite a long story (but I promise there´s a happy ending), mainly because in Iceland they are so disgustingly expensive as there is really only one store that sells them. And since this store was the only one selling the shoes, they were able to sell them at a ridiculous price. So then whenever I would go abroad during this time of desperate shoe lust, I would try to find them, and no one was ever selling them in the countries I visited, or I just didn´t know where to look.
Since my boyfriend is very perceptive with gifts, he was going to give them to me for Christmas last year, but it wasn´t really worth it for him to buy them here in Iceland, and I was very glad he didn´t. I had decided no matter how desperate I was for the shoes, I wasn´t going to give into the temptation and buy them from the company monopolizing the Icelandic Jeffrey Campbell market. So then comes my graduation in May, and as his first gift plan backfired (he was going to give me a vanity for our new apartment since I claimed part of the apartment as my "beauty corner") he went to the store I won´t name, cash in hand, and was finally going to purchase them for me. But luckily they were sold out and he decided to just tell me what he was trying to give me. He gave me the choice of giving me the money to order the shoes online because he wanted me to have them, or that I could have the money they would cost and spend it when we go to London in August.


So this is where the story comes to a happy ending, I decided to order them from Solestruck. And ever since I ordered them I´ve been tracking their location on USPS (which my boyfriend made so much fun of, saying I was like a kid waiting for a promised a trip to Disneyland).


Such a pretty shoebox :)


So today I woke up and apparently the karma gods decided to be good to me after the straining/horrendous work weekend, and the letter arrived from the post indicating that my Litas had arrived...so I of course rushed out to go pick them up right away. And as I sit here at a chic downtown café, blogging, latte in hand, the Litas are laced on my feet where they belong.



My beauties

 The Litas are definately worth the wait, and I can´t wait to wear them again and again. Hopefully people aren´t sick of the Litas yet, I don´t want them to go out of fashion just yet...but even if they do, I´ll wear them till I wear them out.

x E (and the Litas)


No comments:

Post a Comment