Friday, June 29, 2012

The inner child brings out the inner geek, or vice versa?

In my studies I deal with a lot of charts, figures, statistics. It's safe to say that I am surrounded by numbers! As I was going through my daily read, I came across an old chart posted on the Economist a few days ago. Don't worry readers...I won't be boring you with economic statistics (per se..) I just wanted to share with you some fun facts! 



Now...this being said....

I went to my first proper amusement park less than a year ago. Some might ask how I survived over 2 decades without having seen Mickey Mouse or Buzz Lightyear...well...I guess I was never interested? (Too busy with my books ;) ) 

I went to Euro Disney in Paris for Halloween and MY DAYS that was the most fun I've had. It truuuuly brought out my inner child and it is spot on that it is the happiest place on Earth. As a bunch of students we decided to dress up as pirates and roam around the theme park shouting "arrr!" at random passers by. And yes, people did ask to be photographed with us! We got there in the late afternoon and left around midnight! The fun was never ending!

Only a few months later I HAD to go back. I went with a few friends, not as pirates this time, and had a blast...AGAIN! It was the 20th anniversary of the park and the parade was fantastic. The song they sang was stuck in my head for weeks, only downside...

Sorry about the pointless blog post there...the general jist is that you are never to old to go to Disneyland! You definitely don't need the excuse of "but my little cousin is busy so I can't take him" or "I'm too old for this". Did noone watch the Modern Family episode where they went to Disney land? Phil didn't complain!

Now grab your cameras, your sugar sticks, (your patience for the queues), and your skipping feet and GO to the nearest amusement park!

 Thank you Google for this picture ;) I'll make sure to post some of my very own photos some day

H x


No comments:

Post a Comment